Recognizing Burnout in Yourself and Others
8:00am-8:30am: Registration/networking. Meeting 8:30am -10:00am
Join us after the meeting for a post meeting discussion! Want to suggest a topic? Email email@example.com or use our new forum: https://monadnockshrm.org/forum
Burnout, a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress, is at an all-time high. And that is a problem for individuals and businesses. The cost to business is low productivity, high turnover, and the loss of the most capable talent. The cost to individuals includes lost wages, decreased motivation and energy, and increased risk of illness. Recognizing burnout is an important first step in burnout prevention and recovery.
Audience members will learn
- Stages of the burnout cycle
- Causes and consequences of burnout
- Burnout prevention and recovery
A recovering perfectionist and overfunctioner, Laurel has successfully navigated numerous challenges and transitions including job changes, divorce, caring for an aging parent and teenagers (at the same time), an empty nest, and an unexpected early departure from her corporate career.
As a Life + Leadership Coach, she combines her curiosity, optimism, and objectivity to help clients reflect, reframe, identify opportunities for change and growth, explore possibilities, and expand comfort zones.
An eternal optimist and compassionate self-discovery guide, Laurel is a collector of sea glass and antiques, a lover of the ocean, a paddle boarder, a Reiki Master, and 200 hour YTT student. She and her husband, Ken, live in Concord, New Hampshire.
Trained in the principles and practices of the Neuroscience of Change and the Continuous Improvement Career Coaching © Model, Laurel offers coaching services that inspire change through increased awareness, strategic goal setting, and purposeful action.
Primerica - More info coming!
· Greater Monadnock SHRM is certified by SHRM as a Preferred Provider to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, and this program has been registered for 1 PDC in the SHRM Body of Competency & Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™).
· Programs are submitted for 1 General HR Credit Hour toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR certification through the Human Resources Certification Institute.
Connect with us!